Monday 15 July 2013

The funniest quotes in sports! Laughter really is good for you.

Laughter is the best medicine. You have heard it a million times, but whoever uttered those words must have been on to something. It turns out that laughter does actually have some health benefits.
They include:

·         Improved blood flow:. Researchers at the University of Maryland studied the effects on blood vessels when people were shown either comedies or dramas. After the screening, the blood vessels of the group who watched the comedy behaved normally -- expanding and contracting easily. But the blood vessels in people who watched the drama tended to tense up, restricting blood flow. 
·         Immune response. Increased stress is associated with decreased immune system response. Some studies have shown that the ability to use humor may raise the level of infection-fighting antibodies in the body and boost the levels of immune cells as well. 
·         Blood sugar levels. One study of 19 people with diabetes looked at the effects of laughter on blood sugar levels. After eating, the group attended a tedious lecture. On the next day, the group ate the same meal and then watched a comedy. After the comedy, the group had lower blood sugar levels than they did after the lecture. 
·         Relaxation and sleep. The focus on the benefits of laughter really began with Norman Cousin's memoir, Anatomy of an Illness. Cousins, who was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, a painful spine condition, found that a diet of comedies, like Marx Brothers films and episodes of Candid Camera, helped him feel better. He said that ten minutes of laughter allowed him two hours of pain-free sleep.

In honour of these findings, I have dug up some of the funniest quotes from around the world of sport. I hope they make you laugh.






"I spent 90 percent of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted!"

___George Best, Footballer


"It took me 17 years to get 3,000 hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."

___Hank Aaron, Baseball player

"I've seen George Foreman shadow boxing and the shadow won."
___ Muhammed Ali

"I've never lost a game. I just ran out of time".

___Michael Jordan


“Oohh! If that had been Rashidi Yekini, he would have bullet it in!”
___Hameed Adio NTA sports commentator.( I miss him!)

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."
___Greg Norman, Golfer

"I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick."
___Muhammed Ali


"We must have had 99 per cent of the match. It was the other three per cent that cost us."
___Ruud Gullit, Footballer


“Ha! Ha! This could be dangerous oh! Oh God! They have scored!”
___Hameed Adio  NTA sports commentator. (Totally losing his composure!)

'I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.''
___Muhammed Ali

"I want all the kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I want all the kids to copulate me."

___Andre Dawson, Baseball player (No way!!)

"I ain't gonna be no escape-goat."

___Karl Malone, NBA Legend


“Hmmn! Kalusha Bwalya is playing like a possessed demon!”

___Fabio Lanipekun NTA sports commentator ( How do you posses a demon?!)


- "If you dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologise."
___Muhammed Ali

P.S; If you have a funny quote of your own I would love to hear it.

Do have a wonderful day.






No comments:

Post a Comment