Monday 14 October 2013

THE POWER OF LAUGHTER AND THE FUNNIEST QUOTES IN SPORTS!

Laughter is the best medicine! Whoever coined that phrase must have really been unto something because it turns out that laughter really is as good as medicine. According to a recent study by scientists from the University of Wisconsin, laughing can add years to your age by improving your health. The benefits associated with laughter include:

  • IMPROVED BLOOD FLOW:
The researchers studied the effects on blood vessels when people were shown either comedies or dramas. After the screening the blood vessels of the group who watched the comedy were widened or remained normal, while the blood vessels of those who watched the drama became tight and constricted.

  • IMPROVED IMMUNE RESPONSE:
Subjects who viewed comedies every day over a period of months reported less instances of ill health. While those who watched no comedy showed higher signs of stress and decreased immune response, suggesting that comedy can boost immunity.

  • REDUCED BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS:
One study of 19 people with diabetes looked at the effect of laughter on blood sugar levels. After eating, the group attended a tedious lecture. On the next day, the group had the same meal and then watched a comedy, this time their blood sugar level was lower than the previous day when they attended the lecture.

In honour of these findings I would like to encourage you to laugh a little, God knows that with the state of our country today we could all do with a decent laugh! Sallah is just around the corner so we should all be saying thank God it’s Monday! And just to kick start the merriment, below are some of the funniest quotes from the world of sports and sports broadcasting that have stuck in my mind over the years. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have, would love to know what you think.

Do have a lovely day.



“I spent 90% of my money on women and drink, the rest I squandered!”___ George Best



“I’ve seen George Foreman shadow box, and the shadow won!”__ Muhammed Ali



“ I’ve never lost a game. I just ran out of time!” __ Michael Jordan


“Ooohh , if that had been Rashidi Yekini, he would have bullet it in!” __ Hammeed Adio NTA sports Commentator. (And my all time favourite!)



“I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and my father!” __ Greg Norman, Golfer



“I done wrestled with an alligator, tussled with a whale, only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick! I’m so mean I make medicine sick” __ Muhammed Ali



“ we must have had 99% of the match, it was the other 3% that cost us!” __ Ruud Gullit


“Ha! Ha! This could be dangerous oh! Oh God they have scored!”__ Hammeed Adio (Totally losing his composure!)



“ I’m so fast that last night I turned of the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room went dark!” __ Muhammed Ali



“ I want all the kids to do what I do, to look up to me, I mean copulate me!”__ Andre Dawson, Baseball player (surely Not!)



“ I aint gonna be no escape Goat”__ NBA Legend Karl Malone 




“ Hmmn, Kalusha Bwalya is playing like a possessed demon!” __ Fabio Lanipekun, NTA Sport Commentator (How do you posses a demon?)



“ if you dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologise!” __Muhammed Ali

P.S : if you have a memorable quote I would love to see it.


Do have a lovely day.








2 comments: