Saturday 18 January 2014

A NEW YEAR, SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!



Let me start with apologies. The last time I signed in was in later October 2013 and for that I owe you all a sincere apology. Even with the best of intentions life’s challenges can make you lose track, and I have to admit I have been off track for the past three months.

I want to promise you that in this New Year I will strive to be totally focused and committed. I promise a better, more interesting and interactive blog. I will not wander off! Guys forgive me. I’m back!

Resolutions! (Don’t like them!) We all make them, we all break them! What I prefer is positive statements and I want you to make positive statements on your lifestyle, health and fitness this year and most important I want you to keep your word. Positive change doesn’t have to be any grand radical action, though it may be required from time to time. Research has shown that if you try to change too much change too quickly, you are more likely to be discouraged and quit all together.

What are your health and fitness goals for 2014? Do you want to lose some weight? Gain some muscle? Eat healthier? Or learn more about how to improve your general lifestyle? Whatever your goal is; the first step is to write them down, plan in stages and implement them incrementally and remember to always evaluate your progress from time to time. For example if you take up aerobics or jogging to lose weight, make sure to weigh yourself regularly i.e. on a weekly basis, same day and time if possible. This will enable you evaluate your progress and make exercise or diet adjustments.

Whatever you plan I will be with you and hopefully we can achieve them together. For everybody who read my blog last year, I thank you. Your comments and suggestions have been really helpful, and if you are reading for the first time I hope you find our topics helpful. If you do, remember to spread the word!

Lastly, I just had my yearly medical and all seems well, so I will be keeping the grim reaper away for some time yet! So I implore you do the needful (abi?) go to your doctor and have the basic medical tests done. Remember the post on your vital numbers? Please find out your blood pressure, blood sugar level and your liver function at the barest minimum. It just might save your life!


Do have a wonderful day, weekend and year!

No comments:

Post a Comment